Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Trouble With Cats

Macy the cat sleeps beside me.
Sage Canine Advice, by Sage Riverdog – March 11, 2012
It is in my nature to be very outgoing, loving, friendly and sharing. There are times when I reach my limits with the two white cats that share my home. I know the golden rule to treat others as you would like to be treated, but I don't think this rule is something cats live by.  
Gracie the "killer cat"
Let me give you a couple of examples. Macy, who is sleeping so peacefully here in the sunshine beside me, will sit on anyone's lap shedding untold amounts of white hair.  When I come up to say hello, she will smack me on the nose for no reason.  
And Gracie, the 8-pound killer cat, is forever hunting in our backyard, bringing in voles and moles, bunnies and birds, and wanting me to eat them while she waits for her tasty cat food. She also has a very nice cat bed, but chooses to sleep in the middle of my dog-sized bed. What a "cat" in sheep's clothing. Look how innocent she looks sitting in front of the holiday village - before she ravages it.
Can't we all just get along and be sensitive to the fact we all live together and should be helping each other and not just looking out for number one?  Isn't that what a community is all about?  How can we get this across to the cats around here?  

About Sage – Sage is an 8-year-old black Labrador retriever who lives with River District Executive Director Edna Chirico and Edna’s husband, John Huber. Sage earned a Canine Good Citizen award, which allows her to visit nursing homes, hospitals and schools. Sage loves to run, fetch, swim, ride in boats, travel in the car and play with just about anyone, especially children. 
 

No comments: