Sunday, August 5, 2012

Enjoying the Dog Days of Summer

Sage Canine Advice, by Sage Riverdog – Aug. 5, 2012


Will you throw my ball?
We have hit August, my family is back from vacation, and we are enjoying the Dog Days of Summer. 


My most relaxing favorite place is my own backyard. There I can relax any time of day. In the morning I enjoy the warmth of the summer sun. If it gets too hot, there is a lot of shade. 


I'm always waiting for someone to throw my ball. Sometimes I even share a nap on the backyard hammock.


I keep an eye on my family.  The white cats enjoy napping and for some strange reason they are always chewing on some plants on the deck. 


I'm amazed they don't get in trouble doing that – I know I would.  Enjoy your Dog Days of Summer while you can. Soon we will be bustling with school and holiday activities.  



About Sage – Sage is an 8-year-old black Labrador retriever who lives with River District Executive Director Edna Chirico and Edna’s husband, John Huber. Sage earned a Canine Good Citizen award, which allows her to visit nursing homes, hospitals and schools. Sage loves to run, fetch, swim, ride in boats, travel in the car and play with just about anyone, especially children. 



No comments: